Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Why our health care system is awesome......

This is just a story from a girl who goes by the online name of "Mofi" writing about a very recent experience with Canadian health care. It's good to hear something positive for a change so I wanted to share this with you............................

"While I know there have been many threads in the past regarding the Canadian health care system, yesterday I was presented with another reason why I love our system and why I love Canada in general.

My boyfriend was managing the workers on one of his brothers contracted job sites ( his brother owns a cement finishing company, and can't be at all the different sites they are contracted for at once) when he was heading up to the roof to assist with something. Unfortunately he fell 10 feet from the roof to the floor below (thank god it wasn't off the side or he might be dead, I think it's like a 10 or 12 story building) and landing awkwardly has fractured his foot.

My boyfriend is still waiting for his his papers to go through, so technically he is still considered a refugee.
Even though he is not a Canadian citizen, he was able to receive hospital care, multiple x-rays and an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, which cost him not 1 cent.

Even better is that he only waited a few minutes in emergency before they wheeled him off to do the many x-rays and evaluations that they did.

The bad news is he is going to miss at least 6 weeks of work, but the good news is it should all be covered through workers compensation.

So on that note, I think although we may have to wait sometimes, Canada takes a very good job of everyone, even those who are not Canadian citizens, when they really need it."

Source: playa.info

No comments: